It has been a crock pot week. I love being able to put ingredients in around noon and not have to think about it again until dinner. There's nothing better than a good crock pot recipe. Here's a good one we had this week...
* 1 package (16 ounces) wide egg noodles
* 1-1/2 pounds ground beef or turkey
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
* 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
* 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
* 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
* 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
* 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
* Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and Italian seasoning. Drain noodles.
* In a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, spread a third of the meat sauce. Cover with a third of the noodles and pepperoni. Sprinkle with a third of the cheese. Repeat layers twice.
* Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This weeks recipe can be found at http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Crock-Pot-Pizza
Friday, August 20, 2010
Posted by at 6:12 PM