This potato salad looks scrumptious. I'm excited to give it a try and add it to our Labor Day menu. Although, I think I will add a squirt of mustard and vinegar and then call it good!
Red Skinned Potato Salad
* 2 pounds clean, scrubbed new red potatoes
* 6 eggs
* 1 pound bacon
* 1 onion, finely chopped
* 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
* 2 cups mayonnaise
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and set in the refrigerator to cool.
2. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
3. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
4. Chop the cooled potatoes, leaving skin on. Add to a large bowl, along with the eggs, bacon, onion and celery. Add mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste. Chill for an hour before serving.
Enjoy & have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!
Today's recipe can be found @ http://allrecipes.com/
Friday, September 3, 2010
Posted by at 9:21 AM