Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday's Recipe

It's back to school and back to schedules, so we will be better about our Blog schedules as well and keeping up with our weekly posts.

Today's recipe is a childhood favorite - Peach Crisp - As a child I would eat the top part of the crisp off and throw the rest away. When no one was looking, I'd piece it off a little at a time. Now-a-days I eat the entire serving and love every bite! We've had a few this summer. We will miss the peaches very much when they are gone and the juicy sweet goodness they bring.



Some recipes call for oatmeal in the topping. I'm really not a fan. Maybe it's because I grew up eating it without the oatmeal, so I leave it out and enjoy the sugary, buttery crispy goodness all by itself.



It didn't last 30 minutes after coming out of the oven. It's super easy and takes less time to make then it does to bake.

Peach Crisp

3 cups peaches 3/4 cups flour 1/3 cup butter 3/4 cup brown sugar 1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 - 1 tsp. cinnamon

slice up peaches, put in buttered dish. Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon & salt. cut in butter and mix until crumbly.
Sprinkle crumb mixture over the top of peaches.

Bake @ 350 for 35-40 minutes

**I double the topping in the recipe**



ENJOY!

No comments: