Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday's Recipe

Summer Salsa

I love to eat light in the summer. I don't want to heat up the kitchen and I don't want to spend a lot of time fixing dinner, so if I can mix up something quick that is just as good as if I'd spent hours cooking I am happy. We had this last night. It was just my daughter and I, so it worked. We paired it with Watermelon slices and it was a perfect dinner. My 9 year old opted for a PB&J, but that was easy enough, so everyone was happy!

1 small onion, finely chopped 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 lime, zest & juice pinch of salt drizzle of olive oil 4 roma tomatoes, chopped 1/4 orange bell pepper, chopped 1/4 red bell pepper, chopped 1/4 yellow bell pepper, chopped 1 jalapeno, seeded & diced 1 c. black beans 1 c. frozen corn 1/2 c. chopped cilantro

1. In a large bowl, combine the chopped onions, garlic, lime zest & juice, and salt. Stir to mix well and let sit while the rest of the ingredients are chopped. This will soften the bite of the onion and garlic.

2. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.

Recipe and picture found at www.beapotstirrer.blogspot.com

No comments: