Sunday, May 23, 2010

Friday's Recipe on Sunday

Friday was the last day of school for everyone here, and I was crazy busy with activities. So, here is my Friday's recipe on Sunday...I love strawberry Rhubarb Pie. It is an absolute favorite of mine. I haven't had it in years, because only a few select grocery stores carry it and only for a short time. This year I lucked out and found some rhubarb and quickly made a strawberry rhubarb pie with vanilla ice cream...HEAVEN!

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie



1 1/2 cups sugar
3 Tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 pound rhubarb, cut in 1/2-inch pieces (3 cups)
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1 recipe pastry
1 Tablespoon butter

In large bowl, combine sugar, tapioca, salt, and nutmeg. Add rhubarb and strawberries; mix well to coat fruit. Let stand about 20 minutes. Spoon fruit mixture into pastry lined 9-inch pie plate dot with the butter. Top with crust(lattice if you like); flute edge. Bake in hot oven (400 degrees) for 35 to 40 minutes.

This weeks recipe comes from my mother-in-law, who is the most delicious cook!
photo courtesy of www.companyscoming.com

No comments: